Purpose. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website (https://behumanitarian.org/) and any of the Social Sites (collectively the “Sites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Sites.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and the Sites.
- When you interact with us directly or on third-party websites and services if those applications include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Sites.
Children Under the Age of 13. The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of its features on the Sites, make any purchases through the Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, credit card number (”Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us. We do not allow information to be published or posted directly on the Sites or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties. The information we collect on or through the
Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Sites. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Sites and of the fulfillment of your Donations.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about:
- Your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Sites, including any other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Sites according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to the Sites.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Sites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with any applicable notices about the services or products.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Newsletter: You consent to receive delivery of electronic newsletters and other communications from us or from an entity affiliated by ownership with us. We will never share your Email address with any unaffiliated third party. You may opt out of our newsletter mailing list at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any newsletter email.
- We work with other companies or developers to offer you products and services and you may choose to sync, link, or connect other third-party services from the Sites. If you choose to accept these services, providing your consent to either the third party or to us, we may exchange your information, including your Personal Information, as well as information about how you interact with each Non-Profit’s service, product, or Donations.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Website Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Non-Profit, our volunteers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a login token or link for access to certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this login token or link confidential. We ask you not to share your login tokens or links with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the internet like message boards.
Internet Use is a Risk. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.