12 Day Itinerary:
- Day 1: Upon arriving in Guatemala City (GUA) – you will be welcomed by our private driver and our private bus. We will drive from Guatemala City to Antigua where we will have our first group dinner and enjoy a leisurely night time walking tour of Antigua.
- Day 2: After a good night’s rest and a delicious breakfast we will set out for a walking tour of Antigua. We will spend the day exploring the ruins, learning the history, shopping in the fabulous markets and eating delicious food.
- Day 3: After breakfast we will enjoy a morning walk / hike to the city overlook to appreciate the spectacular views of Vulcan de Fuego, Vulcan de Agua and Vulcan de Acatenango. We will pack our belongings and load our bus leaving Antigua headed to a small village to experience a traditionally prepared Guatemalan lunch and Mayan weaving demonstration. After our time with the weavers we will travel to Panajachel.
- Day 4: After a lovely breakfast we will get to meet our mom’s and preschool kiddos for the first time and enjoy a painting project with them. We will also get the opportunity to read with and play with our kiddos. For lunch we get to support our moms at our Mother’s Market (where we can purchase handmade items and food that they make). After lunch we will volunteer at a local school.
- Day 5: After breakfast we will have a field trip with the kiddos at a local park for a fun soccer game. We will return to our preschool to deliver donations and after lunch we will build garden towers in our families homes and making home visits. We could also be delivering water filters or installing wood burning stoves depending on the needs.
- Day 6: After a delicious breakfast we will take a private boat ride across Lake Atitlan for lunch and a tuc tuc ride to hike the lake overlook. After enjoying lunch and exploring town we will take a private boat ride back and enjoy a delicious Italian dinner in Panajachel.
- Day 7: After breakfast we get to return back to volunteer with our Preschool kiddos while working on projects at our sewing center after lunch. To commemorate our last night in San Andrés, we will host a Movie Night & Pizza Night in San Andrés for our Preschool community where we all get to be together to watch a fun movie in our outdoor theater.
- Day 8: After breakfast we say goodbye to San Andrés. We will get to have lunch on the bus and experience a walking tour of the Mayan ruins Iximche. From Iximche we will continue driving to the beach and arrive with a delicious dinner ready to enjoy.
- Day 9: We will enjoy free time at the beautiful black sand beach where we can wakeboard, surf, kayak or swim in one of the 5 pools at the beautiful resort.
- Day 10: We will enjoy free time at the resort and take a boat out to experience an early morning mangrove sunrise boat tour where we will see the waterways of Guatemala come to life. For the rest of the day we can relax and enjoy the beautiful resort.
- Day 11: After breakfast we sadly say good-bye to the beach and travel north. We will hike up Vulcán Pacaya with our personal guide. At the end of the hike we get to roast marshmallows in the hot pockets and enjoy the majestic active volcano. We will then begin our drive into Guatemala City or Antigua for our last night.
- Day 12: We will load our bus and leave Guatemala after breakfast.
- *Itinerary is subject to change due to current project needs