First tip when looking for fundraising ideas for your service vacation: Be creative and have fun. The possibilities are endless!
Here are some ideas:
- Customize a t-shirt for you to sell to friends and family (everyone loves a T-Shirt)
- Coffee (Utah residents) – You can sell Organic Guatemalan Coffee for $15+ a pound. We can purchase coffee wholesale for $10 a bag and you can keep $5.00.
- Auction – Ask local businesses, artists and craftspeople to donate items for auction. A great event idea with children (a school group, for example), is to organize an art auction featuring the children’s artwork.
Get busy in the kitchen:
- Make and Sell Your Own Cookie Dough $7+ tub
- Dinner $20+ Spaghetti is a low-cost meal that’s easy to make in large amounts, and everyone loves it!
- Some other fun, low-cost meal options are pancakes and hotdogs.
- Your favorite dish, soup or curry $12+ tub – sell to neighbors and friends and include your delivery to make it extra special.
Car wash coupons:
- You can raise money by selling our 2pk car wash coupon. When you purchase a 20pk of car wash coupons, you will pay $99.99 and you will be able to sell them for $200.00. The face value for the coupons is $16. Each coupon is discounted to $5 so your group can sell the coupon for $10. You will make $5 for each 2pk coupon you sell.
- To purchase the 20pk of car wash coupons, please contact one of our locations that has a car wash. Locations and phone numbers are listed on our website.
- Papa Murphy’s is independently owned. Many owners are willing to work with you on fundraising ideas if you contact them.
- This tried and true fundraising event is an American classic everyone loves. Participants love to show off their culinary expertise, and check out the accomplishments of friends and neighbors.
- One person’s trash is almost always another person’s treasure, which is why yard sales are such fun and successful events.
Create a fundraising event:
- Collaborate with others. Host a talent show, art show, concert, auction using donated items from local businesses, 5K, tournament, dance party, cook off, car wash, luau, etc.
PRE-SELL ITEMS others will receive after your trip:
- Guatemalan Hot Chocolate – a delicious treat that you could sell for $20 when you return from your trip.
- Art Show – you could print out your trip photos and sell them. Have an art show for local friends and family to come enjoy light refreshments and buy your artwork
- Organic Guatemalan Coffee – a delicious treat you can sell in Guatemala and sell it for a profit when you return home.
- Send letters to friends, relatives, friends of the family, acquaintances, old teachers, co-workers, professors.
- Waive all holiday & birthday gifts; request financial gifts instead (to use towards your experience).
- Network via social media platforms.
- Check with local businesses.
- Check with your employer. Some companies are willing to provide financial support for a service experience if they feel it will add value to their organization.
I’m sure there are additional ways for you to earn your Service Vacation and I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Please reach out with any additional questions.
Click here to create a fundraiser with Guatemalan Humanitarian Tours and watch your donations come in.